According to Kofi Annan’s peace plan for Syria, Assad and the government were supposed to halt fighting on Tuesday. But the violence continues. In this BBC article the State television says the government will halt all violence Thursday as long as their are know “terrorist attacks” (i.e., attacks by free Syrian peoples fighting groups).
It looks like Assad has already found an out in which to continue massacring his own people.
Below, for your reading, is the six-point plan from Annan for a ceasefire in Syria from the same BBC article.
1. Syrian-led political process to address the aspirations and concerns of the Syrian people
2. UN-supervised cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties to protect civilians
3. All parties to ensure provision of humanitarian assistance to all areas affected by the fighting, and implement a daily two-hour humanitarian pause
4. Authorities to intensify the pace and scale of release of arbitrarily detained persons
5. Authorities to ensure freedom of movement throughout the country for journalists
6. Authorities to respect freedom of association and the right to demonstrate peacefully